ProM Lite is a release for end users (see the Release Notes for details). ProM Lite only contains the most typical packages, it will only show the most typical plug-ins, and it allows to user to select whether to install new packages and/or updates when starting.
In contrast with the regular releases, updates to the packages of the ProM Lite release are possible (as are new packages, if need be). As a result, ProM Lite should not be used to refer to in any publication. ProM Lite is a moving target, and any update may invalidate scientific results obtained using it. If you need ot refer to ProM from any publication, refer to the latest regular release (in this case, ProM 6.5.1a).
- Windows installer with 64-bit JRE7
- EXE / 71,830 KB
- Windows installer with 32-bit JRE7
- EXE / 69,635 KB
- Windows installer without JRE7
- EXE / 25,639 KB
- Mac with 64-bit JRE7 and bundle app
- ZIP / 67,369 KB
- TAR.GZ archive (all platforms)
- TAR.GZ / 21,218 KB
- ZIP archive (all platforms)
- ZIP / 21,221 KB
Installation of the ProM Lite framework
Download one of the installers listed above, and run the installer.
Linux, Mac OS
Download one of the compressed archive listed above and unpack the archive in some folder.
Installing the ProM Lite packages
Run ProM Lite when you have access to the internet. All required packages will be downloaded installed automatically, Afterwards, ProM needs to check all downloaded packages for plug-ins. This may take some time, please be patient.
Installing new packages, or updates to packages
Run ProM Lite when you have access to the internet. When starting, ProM will check whether there are any new packages and/or updates. If so, it will ask whether to install them. If yes, it will install them, after which it needs to check the new downloaded packages for plug-ins. This may take some time, please be patient.
Running ProM Lite
- On Windows, you can do this through the Start Menu.
- On Windows, you can do this by double-clicking the ProMLite.bat file in the folder where you have installed ProMLite.
- On Linux and Mac OS X, you can do this by starting a shell or terminal, going to the folder where you have unpacked the archive, and by running the ProMLite.sh file. On Mac OS X, please do not double click the PromLite.sh file, as this starts Xcode to edit the file instead of running it.